Friday, February 3, 2012

The Poop

When a women first finds out she is pregnant there are certain things she looks forward to.  Certain things she can't wait to happen.  Cuddling, the first smile, or the first laugh come to mind.  Of course, along with those things are the "other things" that she knows come with a baby but doesn't really think is that big of a deal.  Lugging a diaper bag everywhere and poopy diapers come to mind.  But this story isn't about a poopy diaper.... it is about THEE POOPY DIAPER.  That one explosive, what-did-the-diaper-actually-do, diaper that every mom remembers.  It also happens to be one of Troublemaker's favorite stories about when she was a baby.  So this trip down memory lane is for you Troublemaker.... although I have this sneaking suspicion that you won't appreciate the story nearly as much when you are able to read it as you do right now. 

Like most classic poopy stories, this story took place, not at our house, but somewhere else; grandma's house.  She was watching you and Bumpkin while daddy, grandpa, and I worked on some type of home improvement project at our house.  I got a phone call from grandma telling me that I had to come over to her house quick (we only lived a block away) because she needed help with you.  She didn't tell me why but she said she couldn't do it by herself.  So I rushed over to her house thinking something was wrong but when I walked into the house you were happily bouncing in the exercauser without a care in the world.  I started walking over to you wondering what grandma thought was so important when I heard it.  It was the sound of feet squishing in the mud.  Only, it wasn't mud.  It was your feet, and it wasn't mud.....

Troublemaker you had the poop everywhere.  I think you actually liked it.  You were just happily bouncing up and down and kicking your legs as wild as ever.  But you were also slipping and slidding like it really was mud.  And man was it everywhere.  You were kicking it all around and it was starting to splatter up the side of the exercauser.  After gaining control of our laughter, Grandma and I determined the best course of action was to drag you and the exercauser directly into the bathroom.  So we were able to pull you out directly into the bathtub and then grandma drug the exercauser outside and hosed it down.  Now every time I see Mimi jumping in the exercauser I think of you happily bouncing in your poop and it brings a smile to my face.  It brings a smile to your face as well.  You tell everyone who comes into the house about the time you pooped in the exercauser.  It is so cute to see you animated and having a blast with the story when most people would be embarrassed about it. 

I wish I would have had the presence of mind to take a picture of that day but unfortunately I did not think about it at the time.  So I found a picture of you around the correct age in that ill-fated exercauser.


I hope you find as much joy in this story ten years from now as you do today when you retell it for every visitor we have at the house.  I love you lady!  

No comments:

Post a Comment