Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nana's Installation

The next weekend we went back to my hometown for Nana's Installation as Queen of Nile.  Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures of our family all dressed up.  Hopefully I will be able to steal them from a family member soon but I haven't had any luck yet.  I will upload them when I get them. 

The girls were so excited to go back.  We haven't been to my hometown in awhile so they were counting down the days.  They did lots of playing with grandma, grandpa, Nana, and aunt Heather.  They also got to see some cousins when we went to Nana's Installation. 

After the installation was a banquet to honor the new Queen.  Nana gave all her granddaughters a role in the Installation and mine was cake decorator.  : )  She helped start me on my cake adventures (she gave me my first class for Christmas) so I thought I would surprise her.  She thought I was just making a sheet cake but I surprised her with a cake to go with her theme, high heels and pearls.  She also asked me to make her a cake for a lady who was having a birthday that day and was doing grandma a favor by helping out on her birthday.  So here are the cakes I made. 




Here is Nana with her cake.



And finally, here are close up's of the bow and shoe, both edible.  The pictures were taken mostly because I sent these home with Heather one time when she came to visit and I needed proof incase she broke them.  : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment