Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Grandpa

It may surprise mom to know that I remember, but today is the anniversary of my grandfather's death.  (Every year she asks me if I know what day it is, and every year I say yes, but it doesn't matter, she will ask again next year.)  To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on the year (it was 1998) but it was today.  I think of grandpa often and am always amazed that he still plays such an important role in my life, years after he has passed.  I just want to say thank you grandpa for all the life lessons you provided; thank you for allowing me to be your summer camping buddy; and thank you for being such a wonderful grandpa.  I miss you!  I often think about how much you would have loved my girls and the nicknames you would have given them.  I miss you, love you, and know you are looking down on my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment