Sunday, June 24, 2012

10 months old

Mimi, You are ten months old now. I just can't believe it. I thought it would go slower wtih me staying home but that doesn't seem to be the case. You have done some many exciting things recently that I needed to write it down.

1) You are finally starting to eat some food other than carb items. I had the roughest time getting you to try anything other than cheerios, puffs, veggie straws, bread, animal crackers, etc. But you have finally started. I have learned that you eat better when you are eating at the same time as the rest of the family. You have a texture issues. You don't like bananas, or anything that tastes like bananas. And I can put just about anything in your mouth when we are out to eat. I think it is because there are so many different things for you to watch that you don't even pay attention to what is going in your mouth. The first time you ate really well was at Dixie Stampede in Branson. You ate chicken, pork, biscuit, corn, and more and more chicken. I was so excited!

2) You have figured out what to do with the food you don't want to eat and Loki loves it! You grab your food and look over the side. Loki gently takes it out of your hand and you get so excited that you laugh and clap.

3) You learned how to use the gumball machine. Your sisters are so excited. They keep wanting to make you do it again and again.

4) You are on the verge of walking. You cruise around all day with the walker and using tables, chairs, etc but you actually took your first unassisted step yesterday. It was only one and you reached for me when you realized you did it but it won't be long now.


5) Finally, you LOVE your daddy.  You light up every time you see your daddy.  And you are constantly trying to get him to pick you up.  This is how daddy usually sees you. 


When he leaves the room or the house you cry for him.  It is too cute. 


I can't believe how old you are getting!

Love, Mommy

P.S. You could work on sleeping through the night a little bit more. Sometimes you do but you usually get up once; twice every once in awhile. I wouldn't be against you sleeping all night long. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment