Friday, January 20, 2012

Memory Lane

With this new endeavor it is my intention to not only write about things that are currently happening but to also take a few trips down memory lane before I forget the things that have already happened.  I don't have a road map for those things that I would like to get written down, I just hope they come to me at times and I can get them on here.  So, when Troublemaker brought her bedtime story selection to me tonight I was happy to see that it could be my first inspiration for my memory lane section.  The book is Lull-a-bye, Little One written by Dianne Ochiltree. 


We used to read this book at least once every night.  Troublemaker loved it and I must admit I have never minded reading it.  We got this book around the time that Troublemaker was 18 months and it got us through our first (of many) moves.  We haven't read it for while but tonight when I read it I was pleasantly surprised to see how excited and enthralled she still was with the book.  When I first started reading it she was sitting on the other side of the bed.  When I finished she was knelling next to me leaning over my shoulder.  I never want to forget that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment