Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cakes

Ok, so most of this blog will be about the kids but here is one thing about me because I can.  : )  I have been taking some cake decorating classes and I am loving it.  My grandma bought me one for Christmas and told me if I liked it she would pay for another one.  It has been lots of fun but I am running out of reasons to practice my new skills.  I think I need to make some new friends or make some cakes for unusual holidays.  Here is the one I made from my first class.  I used it as a birthday cake for a friends daughter.  I'm not so great at writing yet but my instructor showed me some tricks so I need to practice them. 



The following week I had two birthdays I could make cakes for.  The first one was another friends kid and I made him an Elmo cake practicing a transfer process that I learned in class. 



Finally, was my mom's birthday cake which I made out of fondant.  It was easier than I thought it would be but I can't use my new writing trick on fondant so I still need more writing practice. : )


1 comment: