Wednesday, August 29, 2012

MOPS Convention

After giving the older girls to my parents and spending a couple more days with Ms. Mimi and my babysitting kids, it was time to set off for my first ever MOPS Convention.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited because I was so excited!  I was a little upset about leaving Mimi but I kept it together pretty well and she did fine without me; which I knew she would. 

MOPS has become such a big, important part of my life and I was so excited to go learn more and bond with some great women.  I would have to say it was the perfect amount of time.  We learned a lot and got some time to have fun and I just started really missing ky kids on the day we left.  It was an all around perfect trip. 

The hotel was amazing.  It was the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX.  There was so much to do and see we could have used the whole vacation just exploring.  It also had a ton for the kids which applied a little bit of moms guilt that we all tried to avoid. 




On our first morning we were able to explore part of the town of Grapevine.  We found the old shop area and were pleased with all the shops and activities downtown. 




After we walked around for awhile we stopped for brunch and met our cupcake!  He was our waiter at an Italian restaurant.  He was so animated and funny.  Somehow we started talking about words that we don't like and his least favorite word was cupcake.  So for the rest of the trip every time we saw a cupcake or the word cupcake we thought of him.  Now I think of him when I am making cupcakes.  It is funny how things stick with you! 


When we got back to the hotel we received more proof that everything is bigger in Texas! 


Friday was filled with lots of general sessions and workshops.  For the general sessions it was over 2,000 women listing to the same speakers.  This is Barbara and Robert Gelinas.  I really loved them. 


Then for the workshops you could pick a topic that interested you.  For most of the workshops we tried to split up so we could take back as much information as possible, but when it came to one workshop we all snuck in.  Haha.  That would be the raising girls workshop!  Here we all are after having successfully snuck into the workshop! 


 
This picture reminds me of one we took while we were waiting to sneak into the workshop and discussing our strategy.  Here we all are with out matchy matchy shirts and bags Caroline made.  She is so crafty! 


I really liked the speaker on raising girls.  She gave me some awesome things to think about and ideas to change things I know need to be addressed.  I also loved Kathi Lipp.  I went to two of her sessions.  She was very funny and knowledgable; plus I will never think of fruit roll-ups in the same way. 


Friday night ended with a concert by Matthew West! 


On Saturday we had a couple more sessions then some free time.  We used that free time to enjoy the waterpark attached to the hotel.  I don't think I have ever floated around a lazy river so many times!  Or actually be able to be lazy while in the lazy river.  It was wonderful! 


Then we ended Saturday night with MomProm.  It was fun to have a really nice meal with such great friends. 


None of us were super impressed with the music part but we did love the announcement they made about nexts years convention.  It will be in our own backyard.... with Beth Moore! 

 
 
I am so glad I was able to experience this wonderful conference.  I am thankful to everyone who made it possible, everyone who helped watch my kids, and the wonderful friends I was able to bond with while on the trip!  I can't wait for next year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment