Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kinect Rush

I won a party on a website where they give you the theme, some party items/favors, and then you go with the flow and create the rest.  The better you do the more likely you are to win another party so I decided to go for it.  Since it wasn't a birthday party or something big I didn't have to worry about ruining it.  I think it turned out pretty good and the kids keep asking for another party.  Maybe I did to well....

The party was for Kinect Rush, a new video game that hadn't quite come out yet. I think it has come out now.... I'm a little late on the post. It is a Xbox game with CARS, Toy Story, Incredibles, Ratatoille, and Up. I went mostly CARS for my theme but threw in some Toy Story as well.



The idea of the party was to play the video game and introduce people to it.  We did that at first, but it became difficult with more people.  First, the kids all wanted to play.  Second, once I showed them all there were other things to do (like crafts) none of them wanted to play.  :) 





So we all ventured over to the craft table (don't you love it, daddy got it for me!) to make our cars.  We also flowed back and forth between the other activities. 




Aside from making our own cars to race we also had some other activities for the kids to participate in when they wanted to take a break from decorating.




We also had a photo booth to dress up like your favorite Toy Story character.  It was a big hit with the kids. 











Once everyone got their cars done we took them outside to race.  However, we quickly came back in and just ran around the basement because the wind kept blowing off the car parts.  :) 








 
And finally, we went upstairs and had snacks. 














The girls had a great time and our guests seemed to as well.  I hope we get to have another party like this sometime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment