Monday, March 19, 2012

Circus

We got tickets for the circus this weekend from a friend.  We also got to go to the circus with the friend and her children so that was fun.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I have an attachment to the circus.  My grandpa used to be a shiner and voluntered every year at the circus and he would take me.  I got to do all the behind-the-scenes things and I loved it.  These days I don't even really enjoy the circus, something about growing up and knowing all the bad things that could happen while there but I still have a certain fondness for it. 

I was really looking forward to Troublemaker getting to see the acrobats.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of her face the first time they went flying in the air (I actually tried but the picture didn't turn out right because of lighting) but lets just say she thought it was great.  She sat in her seat the whole time with her jaw open. 


Then once she realized I was trying to take a picture I couldn't get one of her just watching the acrobats.  : )



There were a few events there that I have never seen before. One was a lady doing all kinds of flips, etc on a pole. That wasn't new but what was new was that two men were holding the pole. Or moving the pole was more like it. It wasn't a stationary pole. I thought that was pretty amazing. More because they actually got the pole under her feet each time and less about the flips.  


Mater, the tow truck from CARS was there as well. He was funny. I guess it served as a clown act but it was a real car that drove on to stage and interacted with a clown. He was funny and all the kids loved it. 

During intermission we let the girls ride the elephants.  They were so excited.  Here is them standing in line waiting for their turn. 



 And their elephant.  Two seconds after they got on the elephant pooped.  The girls weren't impressed but atleast they got a longer ride out of the deal.  : )




We ended our fun morning with balloons for everyone and a family picture.  While we were taking the family picture a clown saw the flash and came screaming "picture picture picture" and inserted himself right in.  I didn't even know what was going on at first but I have to say it was the easiest themed picture we have ever done. 




The girls has a great time and I am so glad we were able to go.  They were so hyped up but didn't stop talking about their favorite parts.  Troublemaker liked the acrobats the best (duh) and Bumpkin liked the performing animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment