Saturday, December 24, 2011

Skating

I took Bumpkin skating yesterday.  Wow, that is a trip down memory lane.  Took me right back to Roller Ramma back home.  I was having constant flashbacks to middle school days.  Only the kids seemed much younger than I thought I was.  : )  Anyway, Bumpkin did very well.  We have gone before but it was awhile ago.  We really should make it more regular so she can get more comfortable.  At first Bumpkin was pretty nervous and she was clenching my hand with both her hands but I eventually convinced her to let go with one hand so she could use it for balance.  Once she did that she really started to build up her confidence and finally let go of my hand.  She was still walking with her skates on but she kept pushing my hand away when I would offer it. 



Eventually she got brave enough that she started trying to glide on her skates, but then she wanted to hold my hand for support.  I she started to hold my hand then so I could help catch her fall because she began to fall more once she figured out the gliding part.  But she was so proud of herself.  I was proud of her for trying too!  A year ago she wouldn't have even gone out on the ring after a couple of falls but she kept getting up and trying again.  I'm so proud of her and we had such a good mother/daughter date!

No comments:

Post a Comment